Monday, June 16, 2008

 

OPERATION 32

I will take a break from posting back logs to give way to something BIG… HUGE … ehrmm…... Literally…

… it was after dinner yesterday,when CJ, Boyet’s kid, suddenly barged into my room shouting “Tita Leah..! Tita Leah!” i affectionately hugged him and he was laughing as if there’s something really amusing …in between giggles he said…. “Tita leah you look bigger and bigger every time I see you” …i being big from birth was already immune to these remarks….so I just laughed back and told him “ you know what CJ, you’re the same ..you’re also getting bigger and bigger every time I see you” …he continued to giggle then he went to the next room and played computer games with the other kids… I, unaffected as always, went back to watching “city of angels” on my computer

….early this morning i was doing my usual morning routine of getting ready for work….towelling my hair ….choosing clothes….trying them on…taking them off…choosing another set of clothes….trying them on….then taking them off…again...and so on…untill a small mountain of them has already accumulated on my bed…and still…I couldn’t decide which one to wear…..i felt like crying so i helplessly looked at the mirror to ask myself “how come nothing looks good today????”

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

….just now, I was browsing at my pictures taken last weekend ….when a thought suddenly struck me….in bold letters , Arial font 72 in red, all caps…. THEYRE RIGHT (CJ, the mirror, and the picture)!!! IM WAY TOO BIG AND I SERIOUSLY NEED TO START LOOSING WEIGHT!!! …I stared at my picture for a long time ……is that me? Or is that the blob? How many chin does a person supposed to have in this lifetime?

Ok Ive Identified the problem statement …now.. “how on earth do I do that?” Any 7 year could answer… “diet and exercise”…duh? If its that easy ….then I could’ve had the bod of Jessica Alba ages ago….

Here’s the plan ive come up with .....no aero class….no gym….no fancy recipe….no 3day, 7day or 30 day diet… ill try to keep it simple and flexible …something I can stick to until I achieve what I aim to do:

1. goal : first thing first…how much do I weigh today? A few weeks ago..i was 85kgs or 187lbs..the lowest weight I can recall, maybe back in 1996 was 155lbs…not sure if that’s possible, but lets make that my target for now… which means, I need to loose approximately 32lbs … in …lets say.. 6 months ( Dec 16, 2008) …so that’s 5.3 lbs per month….1.33 lbs per week… I guess that’s manageable… (fingers crossed)

2. diet :

a. No rice on weekdays, but I will allow myself to eat one cup once a day on weekends …that way, I wont crave it as much and I can still eat my favorite food like sinigang which only goes well with rice.

b. On weekdays I can eat anything for breakfast …lunch….and dinner …except rice….in fact I shoudnt skip any meal…I can also substitute a piece of toast for rice

c. I will eat more fruits, raw vegetable and juice (pure only) - I should keep this in mind when I do my grocery shopping

d. Try to avoid chocolates, junk food, fatty foods…I said try….so if I cant..im allowed to eat a small piece…that way I wont crave it obsessively… if I can I will avoid buying it altogether

e. Drink at least 2 liters of water a day – this is easy coz ive been doing this for awhile.

3. exercise : Awww…do I have to? All that sitting in front of my laptop because of watching too much Korean dramas ( the recent 77 episodes of yi san…dig that??) has caused all the lindt pistachio…almonds …lays..doritos…hardees….to be stuck in my butt…belly…arms ..legs .. and chin (geez I cant get over the chin…lol!)…the sad truth is that I can only get rid of these if…I exercise… so consider it making up for the years of inactivity.. so what exercise can a lazy girl like me do?

a. Walking – after much googling, ive settled for a 10minute brisk walking on the first week, then additional 2 minutes after each succeeding week, until I reach 30-40 minutes…. Make sure I do a 5 minute warm up before the brisk walk and 5 minute cool down afterwards. I will use music from my zen to time the walk …ive choosen some really good ones (yes korean..and japanese) ....to make it more exciting

b. Use the stairs whenever possible (except when im carrying heavy stuff like groceries)…this is easy because I live on the third floor…therefore in a day I can do at least 6 flights up and another 6 flights down unless I don’t leave the house..

4. Control Monitor : this is the easiest part…I do this all the time at work….but in a different context…I do money instead of lbs and time instead of food….lol

a. Create an excel worksheet of the plan (check..did this already)

b. Monitor progress 3x a week every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

c. Watch out for the plateau stage …then do a 2day juice fast when that happens..

Now the hardest part….doing it… . I forgot to bring rice with my lunch today, so I ate lunch without it…which means ive already started “operation 32” (for 32 lbs) unconsciously ....the only thing thats left is the 10 minute walk…which I will do later tonight…

See even the numbers are in synched with my blog…that’s a good sign.. isn’t it?

To those of you who actually reads my blog……just wish me luck!!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?