Monday, June 09, 2008

 

December 3, 2007 “should I stay or should I go ???? ”

…. 3 days after “the less than 15 minute interview” I received “the offer” . should I accept or not??? I’ve tried to be scientific about it, as I can…. I did research thru the most handy tool ever invented…” the net via google”… I emailed a few friends…to answer some of the basic question in my mind :

• whats the place is like?
• whats the company like? Is it stable?
• Whats the project like? Is it a landmark?
• Whats my job going to be?
• whats the people there like?
• whats the weather like?
• whats the culture of the country like?
• Is it dangerous for someone like me to be there?
• Whats the cost of living…from prices of commodities to rent to transportation?
• Given the offer…how much can I save in a month…in a year? Is that satisfactory enough? Is it worth it?

…once I have all the information … I did the math…then I injected some factors that money cant buy…like…….
• timezone ..(hahaha yup timezone is important to me…lol)…
• can I live without my mom’s cooking for a year?
• Is “mysoju” ….(yes the site) banned in UAE??
• Can I survive without seing my friends and family for a year?
• If I don’t go…whats life gonna be like?
• What are my other options?
• What else do I plan to do for the rest of my life?

…I thought real hard…then I made one of the most life changing decision of my life…ive decided to accept the offer…and move to Dubai to work….

..its not as easy as I made it sound…it’s a bit scary to leave everything familiar and take a big leap to an unknown territory…but I will welcome the changes…I needed something this big …after 35 years (symbolically I fly the day after my 35th birthday..)

….moving to dubai is just the first of the many decisions that I made that day…..next ive decided to like whatever is out there…. And finally ive decided to be happy no matter what…or where...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?